Monday, October 16, 2017

Hello Again World

It's been a few months since I last posted regularly, and this is me trying to get back on the carousel.

Communication has been very hard for me lately, especially the last few months, especially online, and I'm trying to edge my way out of that corner. There are a lot of things I want to post—about my own work, about the work of my friends, about the world. As I ease into this, I'm not sure yet how it will go. But I'm guessing it'll be a bit before I'm able to write deep explorations of things. Those are some of my favorite posts to write, and based on my stats, they're posts that you enjoy more, too. They require, however, a sort of resilience that's in short supply for me of late.

So expect news items at first. Expect fits and starts as I dip my toes back into the water and gather my courage to swim.

To the friends whose work I'll post about, I wish I could do better for you. I wish I could post on a highly trafficked, active blog. But it takes time to build that sort of thing up, and I don't think it serves you better for me to wait, possibly indefinitely. To the friends whose work I planned to post about months ago, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. I haven't forgotten you. I tend not to forget, especially not when I'm too anxious to move. And I'm coming back to you as soon as I can.

To anyone who's ever struggled with communication, being kind to yourself is the only thing I know that works, though it certainly doesn't work as quickly as I'd like. I went to look up my post about getting back on the carousel for the beginning of this piece, and I can't tell you how lovely it was to read a kind letter from my past self.

Patience, persistence, kindness. That's my wish for me, and it's also my wish for you.

2 comments:

  1. I nearly had a panic attack posting a fairly uncontroversial comment to Facebook the other day. :-) Take your time and take care of yourself first. Baby steps, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for this comment, Avery. I can totally understand what you're talking about. Take care of yourself, too! :D

      Delete