Friday, June 14, 2013

On Writers and Worry

Writer and editor extraordinaire Kristine Kathryn Rusch on writers and worry:

They worry that they’re writing too fast. They worry that they’re not writing fast enough. They worry that they’re not spending enough time with their families. They worry that they’re not spending enough time writing. They worry that they’re not spending enough time promoting. They worry that they’re not spending enough time learning book design. They worry…

Well, they’re writers. Of course they worry.

That’s what writers do.

It’s normal. It’s healthy. It’s part of being a writer.

I had to laugh about this, because I so often worry that I'm writing too fast/not writing fast enough. It amuses me when I notice how worries comes in contradictory pairs.

This is from a post on the stages of being a writer, from Rusch's regular series, The Business Rusch. I often find this series to be a source of hope, inspiration, and vital information. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment