Friday, June 22, 2012

Erotica as Declaration

One of my publishers, Forbidden Fiction, recently posted an interview with me as part of their pride month celebration:

What do you like about writing GLBT themes?

All erotica is a declaration of independence to me. It's a way of owning my freedom -- to act, to think, to fantasize, to put those things into words and open them up to others. Stories with GLBT themes are often hot to me sexually, so that's an important thing to note -- they fit that goal of erotica. They also, however, fit with this need for declaration. I think it's important for me to say that these themes are hot, and to get at the issues they bring up. I identify as bisexual, but have spent a lot of my life "passing" as straight. It feels good to express my full identity in my writing.

Read the rest here. While you're at the site, check out interviews with other Forbidden Fiction authors, including Lynn Kelling and Thirteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment