Monday, April 2, 2012

Music Mondays: "In The Waiting Line" by Zero 7

I always try to include a hot line from the songs I post here, so I can show a little of why I think they're sexy. Well, I've been over and over the lyrics of "In The Waiting Line" and I can attest that there's not a single hot line in this sexy, sexy song. It's actually a song about standing in line for a really long time, being really bored, and feeling like a total outsider.

So why does this song have a reputation as one of the sexiest songs ever?

This one is all sound, baby. The lead singer's voice would sound sexy reading the medical records of a person with severe gastric bleeding. And this is one of the smoothest, slinkiest instrumental arrangements I've ever heard. It has a European electropop vibe that adds a touch of sophistication. It's the ideal sound for a long, languid makeout session.

No comments:

Post a Comment