Thursday, December 15, 2011

Some Useful Sailing Knots

I wanted to write a story that expressed the way I feel about rope. Just a length of it across my forearm makes me shiver. So, I wrote about a character who feels that way trying to get the courage to ask her boyfriend to tie her up for the first time. Luckily, she asks a guy who's done it before--"A few times, maybe."

Here's an excerpt from the piece, which appeared in Oysters and Chocolate:

He bit her earlobe, then worked his way down her neck. She shifted from foot to foot, rubbing her ass against his hard cock. She wanted him inside her more than she’d ever wanted anything.

“Please fuck me,” she whispered, amazed at how easily the words came now that the rope actually embraced her body.

She felt Chad grin against her neck, right before sinking his teeth in right at the nape. Rachel let out a strangled scream. Her legs gave way, but he held her up by the harness he’d made on her chest. “Seems to me like you need to be patient, sweetie,” Chad said. “You want me to tie you up, you want me to fuck you. You’ve got to give me time to do all these things you’re asking for.”

He picked up the third bundle of rope. Instead of the thick, braided lengths he’d used so far, this one was thin as clothesline. He fastened it to her chest harness and twisted it. Rachel’s eyes widened. He deftly caught her erect left nipple in one of the twists, squeezing it even tighter as he finished the maneuver and tied it off under her breast.

“You like that?” Chad asked.

Rachel bit her lip and nodded. The burn of the rope felt even more delicious on the strained nipple. Chad tweaked it gently and she gasped at the rope fibers that rubbed against the sensitive flesh.

“What’s your safeword?” Chad said.

“Applesauce.”

“When are you going to say that?”

“I’ll say it if I need you to stop.”

“Do you want me to stop?”

“God, no,” Rachel breathed. “Please, no.”

“OK, good girl. I’m going to do the other one now.”

You can read the rest here.

It was really important to me when I wrote this to show accurate details about rope, and also to show a responsible dom. I'm turned on sometimes when I read about dangerous bondage scenes, but it always gives me a little twist in the stomach. I wanted Chad to really know what he was doing--to dominate Rachel, but to make caring for her part of his dominance and confidence.

It was also very exciting to see my work illustrated by the talented Lochai--it made me feel rewarded for my specificity in describing Chad's rope technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment