Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Edible Interface

I've got several pieces of news to report, but I'll start by mentioning another story I've got up on the Oysters and Chocolate site. It's called "Edible Interface," and it's another lesbian erotica piece with a bunch of geekiness thrown in. Think DIY sex toys and mediated human-human interaction.

As an author's note, I have to say that I wasn't the first to come up with the idea of an edible interface. This story was inspired by a real artist's project, which won the 2006 Yahoo! Out of the Box award. That interface was a racing game controlled by licks on a lollipop. Though I do not believe it was intended to be dirty, you should Google for the video and check it out--it's definitely something to see.

However, I can't blame the video or the project for the smut. The moment I heard the phrase "edible interface," I envisioned a device such as Alesha builds in the story.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment